Webinar | Disruptive technology through a patent lens
Half of the Fortune 500 companies in 2000 have disappeared and the average age of an S&P 500 company is under 20 years old, down from 60 years in the 1950s. The disruptive force of technology is the main cause.
In this webinar, Nigel Swycher CEO along with; Dr Bobby Mukherjee, Chief Counsel, Intellectual Property and Technology Law, BAE Systems plc; Lucy Wojcik, Head of IP, Ocado Group plc; Frank Dangeard, Director at RBS and Director at Symantec and Jeremiah Chan Director and Associate General Counsel at Facebook will discuss issues raised by our recent IP Strategy Report and consider trends that make it critical to understand patents at all levels of the organisation.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Challenging the invincibility of automotive OEMs and the A&D primes – is there a Kodak moment facing all companies in all sectors?
- Start-ups are flourishing – is this merely the innovator’s dilemma or something some systemic?
- As intellectual property looms large on the corporate agenda, will there be an inevitable rise in litigation?
- China – a nation of copycats or a patent super-power?
- AI is real – why evidence extracted from patent data is better than an opinion
Over the course of 30 minutes, we will explore whether sectors as diverse as aerospace and defence and financial services, face the same issues and are responding in the same way. This webinar is relevant to anyone who is excited or confused about technological singularity.
All registrants will receive a complimentary copy of the report