IP Strategy Report 2018 | Technology disruption through a patent lens
26th July 2018 |
This year’s IP Strategy Report includes a comprehensive survey on the impact of disruptive technology including AI, 3D printing and robotics.
- Industry reports across the automotive, fintech, technology, aerospace and defence sectors and the impact of Industry 4.0
- Questions how well the US and Europe are keeping up with China in the strategic race to own future technologies
- Estimates for the areas of IP law and practice most likely to be impacted by AI and machine learning
- Evaluates the evidence to suggest that there will be an increase in litigation as technology companies join the supply chains in traditionally close-knit IP ecosystems
- Expert opinion from industry leaders including BAE Systems, Boeing, MasterCard, Barclays, EY, GE and many others
Commenting on the publication of the report, Nigel Swycher, CEO of Aistemos, said:
“This report comes at a time when all industries in all geographies are feeling the impact of disruptive technology. The analysis of patented technologies brings hard scientific evidence to what would otherwise be pure speculation. We are delighted to deliver this insight, and grateful for the industry support we have received.”
Technology companies are ahead: IBM owns 5x more patents than all of the banks put together. This report provides many examples of where the foundational technologies required for the future are in the hands of the tech companies old and new. This reality will drive increased collaborations and licensing.
Download a copy of the report here or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a physical copy.