Competitive Intelligence – how can benchmarking data enhance your patenting strategy?
We hosted a webinar at the end of August that explored the use of benchmarking data to enhance an organisation’s patent strategy. We were joined by Lead Counsel, Transactions at Google, Sarah Guichard, and Chief IP Counsel at Honeywell, Jason Skinder, who both shared best practice and real-time examples of conducting benchmarking analysis and communicating their findings to the wider organisation.
The webinar, Competitive Intelligence – how can benchmarking data enhance your patenting strategy?, covered the following key points:
- Best practice adopted by organisations to benchmark their patent portfolios
- Automating global patent landscapes to identify competitors, threats and new entrants
- Using benchmarking data to inform your patenting strategy
- Communication of patent benchmarks outside IP teams including CFOs and CTOs
- How benchmarking supports other solutions such as portfolio optimisation and budget management
We are keen to carry out a study on Benchmarking Metrics and we would appreciate hearing your views, please get in touch.