WEBINAR on Tuesday 28th April 2020
Beyond portfolio optimisation – calculating the value of rightsizing
The key findings are:
- Over $40 billion is spent on patents each year, but less than 20% of companies report that their portfolio is the right size.
- Most patent experts believe that a well-balanced portfolio reduces the threat of patent litigation.
- Patent strategy is scrutinised by the CTO, CFO or board in most organisations.
- Organisations spend on average 9% of their patent budgets on strategic patent intelligence.Many organisations are facing scrutiny from senior executives across finance, technology and, in many cases, the board.
The webinar covered these findings in detail and also explored a proven statistical model that can help optimise patent portfolios or rightsizing of patent portfolios.
As companies are under greater scrutiny than ever, the approaches discussed in this webinar are key to balancing patent portfolios and withstanding the scrutiny of both patent strategy and the costs associated.
Your speakers were:
- Nigel Swycher, CEO of Cipher
- Steve Harris – CTO of Cipher
- Niall McMahon – Head of Research at Cipher