Annual Silicon Valley Meeting
IP Counsel Cafe
- 04.10.2021 – 09.10.2021
Cipher speaks at IP Counsel Cafe on Patent Portfolio Development
IP Counsel Café is committed to creating a dynamic forum for the IP Law Leaders of today and tomorrow. Going strong for 10+ years, their events bring the community together for networking, sharing industry intelligence, and driving change.
On Wednesday 6 October 2021 (12:15-1:15pm PT), we’ll be attending their hybrid event in Palo Alto, CA where we’ll be joined by industry leaders at Facebook, Western Digital, Intel Patent Group and DLA Piper to talk about Patent Portfolio Development As We Move Past Covid19.
As we move past the pandemic and fear of an economic downturn, some companies are re-evaluating decisions made at the start of the pandemic. How did companies manage their portfolios during the pandemic, and are they making adjustments as we move past the pandemic? Companies have had a year to evaluate measures that they took last year in response to Covid19. We thought certain things would happen. Were we right? What observations can you make, a year later?
- How are companies looking at next year and the near future?
- How much are companies spending on their portfolios and how do they calculate return on investment?
- How do you manage resource allocation for budgeting to make sure it aligns with business strategy?
- Should companies file a lot or focus on licensing and deals?
- If you are a startup trying to scale, but you have no historical data, how do you articulate budget for IP portfolio development to the C-suite?
- How are companies developing and utilising their portfolios as we move past the pandemic?
- How are companies modelling to determine the number of patents that they need?
- How to think proactively about risk so that you are balancing the needs of counter assertion vs. cross licensing?
Gilbert Wong, Associate General Counsel, Patents, Facebook