WEBINAR on Tuesday 16th June 2020
Patent budgets triggered by Covid – cutting not wounding?
We hosted a webinar in mid-June in conjunction with IAM and Lexology around the challenges of managing a patent budget in times of recession. The webinar sought to address the issues faced when told to cut budget but outlined an economic model that objectively identifies those areas of the portfolio that are contributing the least value to a patenting strategy.
We were joined by industry experts, Jared Engstrom (Head of Patent Development, Red Hat) and Matt McBrien (Head of Patents, BAE Systems), who shared their insights into managing patent budgets during a time of such scrutiny and economic unrest.
The webinar Patent budgets triggered by Covid – cutting not wounding? covered the following points:
- What previous recessions teach about the impact on patent strategy?
- How to save cost without creating disproportionate risk?
- Why economic models help with both budget management and portfolio optimisation?
To listen to the recording of the webinar and to get a copy of the slides used, fill out the form below.
Your speakers were:
- Nigel Swycher, CEO, Cipher
- Steve Harris, CTO, Cipher
- Niall McMahon, Head of Research, Cipher
- Jared Engstrom, Head of Patent Development, Red Hat
- Matt McBrien, Head of Patents, BAE Systems plc