IPBC Connect Masterclass
Patent Portfolio Benchmarking: storytelling through data
Cipher hosted a Masterclass on Patent Portfolio Benchmarking: storytelling through data on 25th March, as part of IAM’s IPBC Connect . The Masterclass answered the following questions:
- What is the best practice around Benchmarking my patent portfolio?
- Who is doing what in terms of Benchmarking?
- How can Benchmarking my patent portfolio help to develop and execute my patent strategy and allow me to communicate that strategy?
The Masterclass covered:
- Results from the first global study on Benchmarking, conducted by Cipher and IAM
- How can you set up benchmarking of your patent portfolio
- Using data to story-tell – how to use data to communicate your patenting strategy
The recent Cipher Benchmarking Study confirms that benchmarking is critical to patent strategy but 53% of patent owners complain of inefficiency and lack of objective and reliable data.
This benchmarking dashboard example brings to life how data can actively inform your patent strategy – but only once the data has been structured, cleansed and classified.
Daryl Bradley, Head of Patent Prosecution, ARM
Jared Engstrom, IP Manager, Red Hat
Nigel Swycher, CEO, Cipher
Niall McMahon, Head of Research, Cipher
Mohammad Ahmed, Solutions Consultant, Cipher