IPBC Connect Masterclass
Patent Portfolio Benchmarking: storytelling through data
Cipher hosted a Masterclass on Patent Portfolio Benchmarking: storytelling through data on 25 March 2021, as part of IAM’s IPBC Connect.
The Masterclass answered the following questions:
- What is the best practice around Benchmarking my patent portfolio?
- Who is doing what in terms of Benchmarking?
- How can Benchmarking my patent portfolio help to develop and execute my patent strategy and allow me to communicate that strategy?
The Masterclass covered:
- Results from the first global study on Benchmarking, conducted by Cipher and IAM
- How can you set up benchmarking of your patent portfolio
- Using data to story-tell – how to use data to communicate your patenting strategy
The recent Cipher Benchmarking Study confirms that benchmarking is critical to patent strategy but 53% of patent owners complain of inefficiency and lack of objective and reliable data.
This benchmarking dashboard example brings to life how data can actively inform your patent strategy – but only once the data has been structured, cleansed and classified.