As the Pace of Innovation and Product Options Accelerate
Next Generation Lidar for Automotive
Global Prior Art (GPA) and Cipher are partnering together to leverage their combined deep technological expertise and machine learning capabilities to breakdown, analyse and monitor current and future transformational technologies.
Fact-driven insights into complex IP spaces and interaction with the team will yield a competitive edge, facilitating proactive strategies to capture the future.
Each technology will support the R&D/IP/Strategy professional as well as the C-Suite and financial investors to understand who and what is driving each technology.
IP and Technology analysis and actionable insights to understand and capture the future
On this page:
We have been working with innovators in Lidar and they are genuinely excited about the pace of change in this industry and concerned about being able to follow the complex technology and IP space. That is why we have proposed a vigorous study to provide accurate and transparent information and insight to participants.
Bruce Rubinger, CEO, Global Prior Art
The Study ‘Next Generation Lidar study for Automotive’ will aim to answer the following questions:
Who is doing what in the Lidar space?
- What are the winning/waning technologies across the landscape?
- What are the disruptive technologies to watch for?
- What other red flags should we be monitoring?
- Who should we be partnering with? Who is partnering with whom?
- Are we partnering with vendors having the most competitive new technology plus strong patents?
- What are the most recent developments in the technology?
- What is China’s approach to the technology?
- Implications for the global market?
- Who are the new emerging players and in which areas of the technology? And what makes them different?
- Trend spotting: With technology changing rapidly and many new players are emerging and what trends or developments are we missing?
- Which key emerging technologies can accelerate our product development efforts?
- How will newer technologies impact vehicle design and elevate vehicle safety as a key differentiator
- Which newer LiDAR technologies can enhance vehicle & pedestrian safety in fog, snow, or rain?
- What is the technology and IP roadmap being pursued by competitors in Europe, Korea, Japan and China?
- Analysis of Products being developed. Future outlook for Lidar offerings (lower cost, superior performance in rain and fog, merging of players, etc.
GPA Lidar study information pack
The information pack includes:
- Proposed study content
- Initial findings
- The unique approach from GPA and Cipher
Webinar: Automotive Lidar
With over 300 new entrants to the Lidar technology space in the past 4 years, you need to monitor new players. The webinar covered the following:
- The accelerating pace of innovation
- Getting to grips with the automotive Lidar space
- How GPA and Cipher are addressing this large, complex space
Read our free reports and learn about the trends in the Lidar industryCipher Automotive Start-up Finder
BAE Systems on the importance of competitive intelligence in disruptive technology environments
BorgWarner on how automation increases speed and reduces cost
Insights and Events
The future of mobility – can patents keep up?
Cipher Automotive Patent Trends 2019
Your guide to autonomous driving through a patent lens
Automotive Safety and Security
Find out how Cipher can build your taxonomy using classifiers:
- Matching to your view of the patent landscape
- Your own taxonomy is accurate, fast and repeatable
- It’s easy to use, saves time and reduces costs.
Aerospace and Defence
With Cipher you can…
Optimise your portfolio
Ensure you have the right portfolio to meet your strategic patenting objectives.
Gather competitor intelligence
Understand who’s doing what by automating patent to technology mapping.
Model cross licensing
Combine patent and revenue data to determine rational licensing outcomes.
Conduct due diligence
Automate manual reviews for efficient execution of M&A and licensing transactions.
Tackle inbound patent assertion
Be prepared with evidence to create a fast and effective threat assessment.
Benchmark your portfolio
Assess your portfolio in comparison to other owners through your technology lens.
Monetise your portfolio
Identify opportunities to create value through licensing or sale of patent assets.
Predict technology trends
Track new technologies and discover the unknown owners of future innovation.
Create Risk Mitigation Strategies
Understand the materiality of your threats to define your risk mitigation strategy.