$40 billion is spent on patents each year, but how do you determine the value those assets are bringing to your organisation? The data, the tools and the model for calculating ROI are ready to be used. Perhaps it’s time to pull back the curtain.
12th May 2021
Agricultural Sustainability: can technology reduce waste and increase yield?
Agriculture takes a big toll on our planet. With the global population growing by 1.1% every year, finding a sustainable agricultural model that produces sufficient food whilst minimising waste is undoubtedly the biggest challenge that agribusinesses must overcome.
This article, Agricultural Sustainability: can technology reduce waste and increase yield, looks through a patent lens at the technologies behind two key areas; wastewater reduction and reducing crop destruction, uncovering the following points:
- China dominates the competitive landscape of both wastewater and crop destruction prevention technologies, despite its high levels of pollution
- Universities in China, Korea and Japan monopolise the wastewater treatment technology landscape
- Corporate organisations lead in their investment into crop destruction prevention technologies, yet fall behind in the wastewater treatment technology space
Want to learn more? Access the full article by filling out the form below.
Access ‘Agricultural Sustainability’ report
Gain an insight into the technologies driving agricultural sustainability
- Who are key players dominating the wastewater and crop destruction prevention patent landscapes?
- What can the patenting trends tell us about investment into these areas?
- Which countries are prioritising investment into technologies that achieve agricultural sustainability?
Insights & Events
How is technology supporting the global drive to achieve agricultural sustainability and who are the key players prioritising investment in this area?