Discussing modern approaches to patent analytics: the opportunities and challenges CEO, Nigel Swycher, joined the largest IP conference in Russia, Distant & Digital.
14th July 2020
Analog Devices buys Maxim: consolidation & relative patent portfolio strength in the analog semiconductor industry
13th July 2020 saw Analog Devices agreeing a deal to buy Maxim Integrated in an all-stock transaction valued at US$21 billion, representing a 22% premium to Maxim’s previous day closing price. How does this impact the analog semiconductor patent landscape and the industry itself?
Demand for analog chips has recovered in recent years supported by the need for a whole new generation of sensors and circuits to support the IoT revolution and enable processing of real-life data in homes, cars, factories and farms. Analog Devices is the second largest supplier in the space by revenue after Texas Instruments which reported a top line number for the analog segment of US$10.2 billion in 2019.
Based on current best practice for patent portfolio optimisation to maximise dollars spent in protecting innovation and minimising threat risk Cipher has analysed the impact of this deal on the analog semiconductor patent landscape. Read our latest patent report to find out:
- where this deal places Analog Devices in the analog semiconductor industry,
- which top-tier analog circuit suppliers exhibit defensive strength,
- and how this helps consolidate and strengthen the analog semiconductor industry.
Fill out the form below to download the full Cipher report.
‘Analog Devices buys Maxim’ PDF Download
ANALOG DEVICES BUYS MAXIM
Gain an insight into the sale and analog semiconductor industry
- Where does this deal place Analog Devices in the analog semiconductor industry?
- Which top-tier analog circuit suppliers exhibit defensive strength?
- How does this help consolidate and strengthen the analog semiconductor industry?
Insights & Events
28 October 2020, 6pm BST
Cipher and LOT Network are joined by ROL to discuss the 2.7 million assets within the LOT Network and the protection against PAEs its members are afforded. Register now for free