WEBINAR on Tuesday 28th April 2020
Beyond portfolio optimisation – calculating the value of rightsizing
We hosted a webinar in conjunction with IAM at the end of April that looked at the key findings detailed in the Cipher Report on Portfolio Optimisation published in March 2020.
The key findings are:
- Over $40 billion is spent on patents each year, but less than 20% of companies report that their portfolio is the right size.
- Most patent experts believe that a well-balanced portfolio reduces the threat of patent litigation.
- Patent strategy is scrutinised by the CTO, CFO or board in most organisations.
- Organisations spend on average 9% of their patent budgets on strategic patent intelligence.Many organisations are facing scrutiny from senior executives across finance, technology and, in many cases, the board.
The webinar covered these findings in detail and also explored a proven statistical model that can help optimise patent portfolios. As companies are under greater scrutiny than ever, the approaches discussed in this webinar are key to balancing patent portfolios and withstanding the scrutiny of both patent strategy and the costs associated.
To view our webinar and to access the slides presented, fill out the form below.
Your speakers were:
Nigel Swycher, CEO of Cipher
Steve Harris – CTO of Cipher
Niall McMahon – Head of Research at Cipher
‘Beyond Portfolio Optimisation Webinar’ View Recording
BEYOND PORTFOLIO OPTIMISATION WEBINAR
Listen to our webinar now
- What are patent-owning organisations around the world saying about their portfolios?
- How can the Cipher optimisation model help rightsize a patent portfolio?
- How will this model help with patent communication outside the patent world?