20th July 2020
Beyond Portfolio Optimisation: understanding the connection between patent cost and value
In March 2020 the Cipher Report on Portfolio Optimisation was published in collaboration with IAM and discovered that an overwhelming $40 billion is spent on patents each year, yet fewer than 20% of patent owners report that their portfolio is the right size. This was one of four key findings in the report which was later expanded on in the Beyond Portfolio Optimisation: calculating the value of rightsizing webinar held in April 2020.
In June, we took this one step further in our latest article, Beyond Portfolio Optimisation: understanding the connection between patent cost and value, published in the IAM Issue 100. The article covers the following:
- a review of the key findings of the Cipher Report on Portfolio Optimisation,
- a breakdown of the strategic patent intelligence (SPI) model by reference to a hypothetical company,
- and a look beyond optimisation to other situations in which the SPI model supports strategic patenting decisions.
Download the full piece by filling out the form below. If you think the SPI model might be beneficial to your business or you’d like to learn more about how Cipher can help with Portfolio Optimisation, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
‘Beyond Portfolio Optimisation IAM Issue 100’ PDF Download
BEYOND PORTFOLIO OPTIMISATION IAM ISSUE 100
Gain an understanding of the connection between patent cost and value
- What are the key findings of the Cipher Report on Portfolio Optimisation?
- What is an SPI model and what would this look like in practice?
- How can an SPI model support other aspects of strategic patenting decisions?