Get the consumer trends behind the patent data with an exclusive offer for Mintel and Cipher customers
8th July 2020
Disinfection & Sterilisation: leading areas of recent innovation
The global outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has trigged a spotlight on disinfection and sterilisation solutions, attracting interest and investment from companies looking to develop new technologies.
Our analysis on patents published in the disinfection and sterilisation technology area reveals UV lights and formulations that target surface biofilms are the undisputed leading technologies for indoor air sterilisation and surfaces disinfection, respectively. A closer look into sterilisation solutions specific to mobility applications (cars, buses, trains, for example) highlights both UV and also ion technologies as key applications.
Download the Cipher report on Disinfection and Sterilisation below, covering:
- Indoor air sterilisation solutions: advanced air purifying solutions for the elimination of airborne viruses/bacteria in indoor spaces like elevators or buildings
- Disinfection of surfaces by biocides: Disinfection of hard surfaces using active ingredients, single chemical compounds (biocides) with antibacterial/antiviral action and/or mixtures with other ingredients with different functionalities i.e. surfactants, enzymes, etc.
- Sterilisation and disinfection solutions for mobility applications: solutions to effectively disinfect the interior of vehicles or public transports
Using Cipher, we have looked at innovation and invention trends across disinfection and sanitisation solutions, identifying growing technologies and top players.
‘Disinfection & Sterilisation’ PDF Download
DISINFECTION & STERILISATION
Gain an insight into the companies and patents behind this growing area of innovation
The report looks at the following areas by innovation trends and top players:
- Indoor air sterilisation solutions
- Disinfection of surfaces by biocides
- Sterilisation and disinfection solutions for mobility applications
Insights & Events
Patent assertion is set to increase due to the economic downturn – are you in a position to respond efficiently and effectively?
8th December 2020, 18:00 GMT
Do you feel you can respond efficiently and confidently if an inbound patent assertion comes knocking? With an economic recession on our doorstep, this risk of assertion will inevitably increase. Register now for our webinar and discover how best to prepare for assertion in times of recession.