Top Innovators in the drive to solve EV range anxiety
2nd August 2021
Leading the Charge: Electric Vehicles
Innovation in Electric Vehicles
It’s becoming clear the future of the car is electric. Yet despite an almost continuous flow of media articles announcing new models and promises to phase out all new petrol vehicles, less than 1% of all cars on the road are purely electric.
Why then, in a world fully embracing technology in other aspects of life, has it taken more than two decades to reach just 1% market share?
The answer lies in infrastructure. Questions like ‘What happens if I run out of battery?’ and ‘How long is it going to take to charge?’ are pertinent questions for potential buyers.
Our data analysis explores the pace and scale of innovation and looks through a patent lens on the key players breaking new ground in this field.
What the report covers
- Automotive players such as Toyota, Kia and Hyundai dominate the battery technology landscape, helping to ensure fast and reliable charging options
- Induction charging technologies remain prohibitively expensive despite capability to change the way we charge
- Company to watch, WiTricity, secure additional $52 million in funding as their Induction Car Charging technology is used by key suppliers in the automotive industry
Questions answered by the report
- How are top innovators reducing consumer anxiety to switch to electric vehicles?
- Which companies are prioritising investment into EV technology to help us achieve a sustainable future?
- What can the patent landscape tell us about future activity in this space?
Insights & Thought Leadership
21st Century Evolution of Sustainable Plastic Technology Trends
The increasing importance of IP
Game Over for the West?
Could NPEs stifle innovation in sustainable energy?
LOT Network Report 2022
Cipher is now part of LexisNexis Intellectual Property
With Cipher you can…
Optimise your portfolio
Ensure you have the right portfolio to meet your strategic patenting objectives.
Gather competitor intelligence
Understand who’s doing what by automating patent to technology mapping.
Model cross licensing
Combine patent and revenue data to determine rational licensing outcomes.
Conduct due diligence
Automate manual reviews for efficient execution of M&A and licensing transactions.
Tackle inbound patent assertion
Be prepared with evidence to create a fast and effective threat assessment.
Benchmark your portfolio
Assess your portfolio in comparison to other owners through your technology lens.
Monetise your portfolio
Identify opportunities to create value through licensing or sale of patent assets.
Predict technology trends
Track new technologies and discover the unknown owners of future innovation.
Create Risk Mitigation Strategies
Understand the materiality of your threats to define your risk mitigation strategy.