10-11 September 2020, Virtual Event
IP Corporate Strategy Summit 2020
This year marked the fourth IP Corporate Strategy Summit, but the first to be done virtually. As IP Strategy continuously evolves, so too does our need to stay connected with the full spectrum of issues that sit at the heart of it. Our carefully designed programme covered a host of the critical IP issues that have emerged from the uncertain and tumultuous circumstances of today’s world.
It was an honour to have the keynote from Mr Justice Birss, hot off the Supreme Court decision upholding Sir Colin’s first instance decision. Some of the highlights from his keynote speech were:
- a review of how well the UK Courts have adapted to Cover
- a welcome reminder of how adaptable the UK Courts to new remedies, using “Arrow declarations” as a good example
- what both Covid and FRAND teach about collaboration
- the importance of focussing on the similarities in IP protection around the world
We also heard from leading IP Strategists talking about the following topics and more:
- Covid-19 – a session around how patent and trademark teams have coped at a time when all budgets are under scrutiny
- IP Risk Mitigation – with a focus on the ecosystem of IP Management and how organisations are tackling the significant legal and commercial issues associated with both the volume and value of data
- Trade Secrets – a discussion based on the wave of initiatives from blockchain, trade secret registers and insurance
- Clean and Green – a panel session looking at the role IP will play in reshaping companies and sectors in our quest to save the planet
Joined by ARM, Google and BAE Systems, our panel focussed on Portfolio Optimisation and discussed the use of strategic patent intelligence (SPI) models to rightsize patent portfolios.
This discussion stems from the Cipher Report on Portfolio Optimisation published in March 2020 that sought to ascertain whether organisations had well-balanced portfolios and whether their portfolios were aligned to their business strategy.
To view the recording of our session, please fill out the form below.
If you’d like to learn more about how Cipher might be able to help you optimise your own patent portfolio, get in touch directly.
Portfolio Optimisation Session View Recording
View session recording now
- Best practice for rightsizing your patent portfolio
- Budgets in recession – cutting not wounding
- Economic models for evidence-based decisions