Why the largest patent portfolio in the world reduces risk from PAEs
10th December 2021
LOT Network Report 2020
LOT Network has grown from 9 members, six years ago, to now over 1,700 members as of 2021. It has over 3.1 million world-wide patent assets from the leading software, automotive, electronics and other high-tech industries that are now subject to the LOT license. To find out more:
- Patent Lawyer magazine covered LOT Network’s growth and Cipher’s analysis of this, in their latest issue of the Patent Lawyer Annual, entitled ‘LOT Network: why the largest portfolio in the world reduces risk from Patent Assertion Entities’
- Watch the webinar, LOT Network Protection: What does 2.7m patent assets mean to me?, to gain a deeper understanding of the rapidly growing number of patent assets under the LOT protections.
The convergence of technology has only increased the total addressable market (TAM) for PAEs (Patent Assertion Entities), and with the larger number of assets that are on the market for sale, PAEs are confident they can acquire assets and still achieve a reasonable ROI on their investment through litigation and licensing even if they acquire assets from LOT Network members.
This LOT Network report 2020, which has been produced for LOT Network by Cipher, in association with Richardson Oliver Law, includes:
- What is the risk from PAEs to Operating Company Patent owners
- About LOT Network and its members
- The LOT Network portfolio and what is included in the 2.7 million patent assets under the LOT umbrella
Download the report and find out more about LOT Network and the patent assets included.
Insights & Events
The increasing importance of IP
Game Over for the West?
Could NPEs stifle innovation in sustainable energy?
LOT Network Report 2022
Cipher is now part of LexisNexis Intellectual Property
Cipher forms basis of new quantum technology research paper
With Cipher you can…
Optimise your portfolio
Ensure you have the right portfolio to meet your strategic patenting objectives.
Gather competitor intelligence
Understand who’s doing what by automating patent to technology mapping.
Model cross licensing
Combine patent and revenue data to determine rational licensing outcomes.
Conduct due diligence
Automate manual reviews for efficient execution of M&A and licensing transactions.
Tackle inbound patent assertion
Be prepared with evidence to create a fast and effective threat assessment.
Benchmark your portfolio
Assess your portfolio in comparison to other owners through your technology lens.
Monetise your portfolio
Identify opportunities to create value through licensing or sale of patent assets.
Predict technology trends
Track new technologies and discover the unknown owners of future innovation.
Create Risk Mitigation Strategies
Understand the materiality of your threats to define your risk mitigation strategy.