Discussing modern approaches to patent analytics: the opportunities and challenges CEO, Nigel Swycher, joined the largest IP conference in Russia, Distant & Digital.
16th July 2020
Patented Recycling technologies for a Circular Economy: waste management is coming home
We live in a wasteful world, driven by the linear economics of take, make and dispose. In this traditional model, raw materials are harvested, manufactured into products and then used until they are eventually disposed of as waste. The World Bank announced in late 2018 that global annual waste production is predicted to rise to 3.4 billion tonnes by 2050, up from 2 billion in 2016, without urgent remedial action.
Our latest article delves into the patented recycling technologies helping create a Circular Economy. Cipher conducted in-depth analysis of this patent landscape that uncovered the following key points:
- China Academic institutions lead the world in patents related to recycling technologies,
- The US only holds 4% of granted patents in the Circular economy, yet is the largest waste generator per person,
- The competitive landscape is dominated by research organisations,
- Plastic and metal recycling technologies form almost half of all patents in the Circular economy area of innovation.
Download the full piece by filling out the form below. If you’d like to learn more about how Cipher can help with Competitive Intelligence and how we have done this analysis, please get in touch directly.
‘Recycling technologies for a Circular Economy’ PDF Download
RECYCLING TECHNOLOGIES FOR A CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Gain an insight into patent landscape of recycling technologies driving a circular economy
- Which companies are paving the way towards a circular economy?
- What are the top technologies enabling waste reduction?
- How has this patent landscape evolved over time and is the world heading in the right direction?
Insights & Events
28 October 2020, 6pm BST
Cipher and LOT Network are joined by ROL to discuss the 2.7 million assets within the LOT Network and the protection against PAEs its members are afforded. Register now for free