22nd December 2021
Inventions & Innovators powering the Energy Transition – Oil and Gas Supermajors
Oil & Gas Supermajors
In this report, we put a lens on the invention and innovation being made in critical technologies powering the energy transition. We look at the seven oil & gas supermajors – BP, Chevron, ConocoPhilips, Eni, ExxonMobil, Shell, and Total Energies.
We take advantage of structured, cleansed & classified patent data as an independent indicator to evaluate the pace of innovation and top owners of invention across energy transition specific technology areas. These include Photovoltaics, Batteries, Wind Turbines, Fuel Cells and Hydroelectric.
Using our recently launched Universal Technology Taxonomy (UTT) classification tool, we gain immediate insight into the top invention owners and innovators across next generation disruptive technology areas.
This report on, Energy Transition of Oil and Gas Supermajors, has uncovered the following insights:
- The supermajors have relatively low level of patenting compared to leaders in other industries.
- Supermajors innovation has been weighted towards technology areas associated with the categories of Materials, Mechanical and Sensors & Optics.
- The balance of competitive advantage for energy producers is shifting from hydrocarbon resource-access to ownership of the underlying technologies that are enabling the energy transition.
Fill out the form below to gain access to the full report that provides a greater insight.
Access ‘Oil and Gas Supermajors’ Report
Energy Transition – Oil and Gas Supermajors
Gain an insight into Inventions & Innovators powering the Energy Transition
The oil and gas supermajors report include the following:
- Pace of energy transition related innovation
- Innovation Snapshots: BP, ExxonMobil, TotalEnergies
- Weighting of published inventions to the energy transition specific technologies: Photovoltaics, Batteries, Wind Turbines, Fuel Cells & Hydroelectric.