Invention & Innovation in Sustainable Food Substitutes
6th July 2021
Sustainable Food Substitutes: Changing Tastes
Changing consumer tastes drive sustainable food substitute inventions
In May 2021, Oatly made its market debut on the Nasdaq. Trading at 60% over the IPO price puts a US$16 billion value on the company. So how does a decades old Swedish oat milk company transform itself into a high growth business and one of the hottest IPOs of 2021. Part of it is new leadership and rebranding, but really it’s all about changing tastes.Want to learn more? Access the full article by filling out the form below.
This article puts a lens on the invention and innovations of three key sustainable food substitute areas, peeling the onion to identify who is doing what and where.
Questions which the report seeks to answer
- Which companies are innovating in the sustainable foods area to keep up with consumer demand?
- What can the patenting trends tell us about investment into sustainable food substitutes?
- Which companies are prioritising investment into the innovation driving food sustainability?
What our strategic analysis uncovered
- Food Substitutes is a growing area of technology innovation as consumer demand increases for sustainable meat and dairy food substitutes
- Continued fast pace inventions in dairy substitute foods – Oatly leads the way with a successfully completed IPO on the Nasdaq in May
- Investment into soy protein substitute innovation surpasses that of pea proteins with inventions in this area rapidly increasing.