Supporting the sector in times of fast pace and high stakes technology evolution
As the sector continues to undergo significant transformation, strategic patent intelligence will be essential to both maximising value and minimising risk in this field.
The main strategic benefits of Cipher for ARM are the accuracy of the classifiers and the ability to continue to run those classifiers over time. Having an empirical way of pointing to why we file what we do, makes the case for the budget we need.
Rob Calico, Vice President IP and Litigation, ARM
Semiconductors and IP Intelligence
Jason Abt, Chief Technology Officer at TechInsights was a guest on our Cipher Vision podcast. In the chat with our hosts, Jason discussed:
- how the company was formed from a desire by technology designers to protect their IP investments
- the sophistication of microchips
- patents as an informative resource
- trends in the semiconductor industry
What if you could look holistically at specific technology areas and let the platform do the work? This is one of the areas where Cipher can be a huge assistance.
Jason Abt, Chief Technology Officer, TechInsights
Example of a Semiconductor Taxonomy
Technologies that should be included in a Semiconductor Taxonomy include:
- Discrete components
- Processor circuitry
Insights and Events
Find out how Cipher can build your own taxonomy using classifiers:
- Matching to your view of the patent landscape
- Your own taxonomy is accurate, fast and repeatable
- It’s easy to use, saves time and reduces costs.