Cipher is an online platform using machine learning to classify patent data
The Cipher Platform
Cipher’s way of approaching classification is particularly useful because it’s customised to the way Red Hat views the world in terms of technological taxonomy.
Jared Engstrom, Head of Patent Development, Red Hat
Cipher Classifier Landscape
Cipher automates the generation of patent landscapes providing an interactive report of all owners of a specified technology, as an example ‘Augmented Reality’:
- Easy to use, with over 70 reports in each classifier, including by organisation, geography, cost, disputes; all downloadable
- The Classifier is repeatable, quick to access, and includes alerting for new publications matching your classifiers
- Cipher Classifiers have been independently tested for accuracy
Cipher automatically clusters any patent portfolio, and maps it to portfolios owned by other companies in the space:
- Cipher uses the best corporate tree available on the market, provided by 1790 Analytics, and further improves corporate grouping using a combination of machine learning algorithms and manual checks
- You can compare technologies across organisations by country of filing
- Analyse the patent spend by organisation in each technology area and by country.
See an example BASF